Tuesday, April 10, 2007

STAY, WAIT - (21 weeks old)

Me me was 21 weeks old yesterday.


Weight at 21 weeks old: 36 lbs
Height at withers: 20.5"


Mummy said said I'm a big BIG boy, so I had to learn learn how to STAY STAY. I said ok ok.



I am smart smart, I learn learned how to STAY STAY in just one afternoon.

This is me doing STAY STAY:


(mum: it was my fault I kept dropping treats, I needed a third arm LOL. Most of the time when I ask Jaffa to do a "STAY", I walk away, and then walk back to treat him. Every once in a while, I will put him in a STAY and then call him to "COME". I don't like to ask him to COME right from a STAY because I don't want him anticipate the COME command and therefore, expecting to break the STAY command.)

I love to eat eat, and I can't wait for my food food. So mummy make me WAIT WAIT before I can eat eat. I say ok ok, but hurry huuuuuuuuuuuurry!!


(mum: my WAIT command is very similar to the STAY command, with the only difference being - he has to stay in the position that he was put in (ie, SIT, DOWN) when given the STAY command, whereas the WAIT command, he just has to stop moving/doing whatever he's doing and wait, doesn't matter what position he is in.)

I did good good. I'm a good good boy!


(mum: All the pictures from this post were taken by Jaffa doing the STAY command.

Here are pictures of Sunshade at 21 weeks:



She had just had her very FIRST hair cut!!! Still so fluffy!!)

16 comments:

Jas's footsteps said...

cool! good job! In just 21weeks old, u already know stay & wait! Yuki only manage it much later...

Nessa Happens said...

Hey Jaffa - your mama might instead use your stay for staying in place and not breaking until she comes back and releases you at your side, and your wait for releasing from a distance! That's how we were taught, and it is maybe less confusing. When I am put in a stay I know I am not supposed to move AT ALL until mama comes back and touches my shoulder and says "okay" whereas when she puts me in a wait I am not supposed to move until she calls me. So my stays are very solid because I never move when I am staying unless mama touches my shoulder and tells me I can. So I am not looking to see if she will release me from far away.

Molly the Airedale said...

You're such a smart boy Jaffa! You weigh quite a bit more than Mitch does and you're so much more ahead of him on the training bit! ohoh - I think mom may have gotten some ideas here! Poor Mitch! hehehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

You are such a clever clogs Jaffa! It's so hard to sit still until told to eat isn't it? I am very used to it now & sometimes mum even has to say OK a few times to get me to move, d'oh!

You're gonna weigh as much as me very soon I think!

Licks
Oscar x

Myeo said...

Good Job... We are so proud of you.

Love
Boy n Baby

Fu Fu said...

Hey Jaffa, you're doing great at the stay stay command. :)

~ fufu

Joe Stains said...

jaffa you are TOO smart, I wish you could teach the doofus some things.

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Oh Jaffa!
We are SO SO much alike!! You're almost as big as me too! 8 more lbs to go and you'll be the same size as ME!
AireDREAMY!
Liberty

Toby said...

Wow Jaffa, you are making me look bad!! You're 21 weeks old and I'm 21 months old....but I don't know the stay command!! Ok, gotta work harder and be more like you!!

Tobes

Faya said...

Jaffa you are the best !

jaffeboy said...

Very well done Jaffa!!!

Kaylie

Ben & Darling said...

Oh Jaffa, GOOD boy. Look at you, you are only 21 weeks and you already a smart handsome boy....Shhsss dont tell sunshade that I praise you oh....later she get mad at me.

and Paw up for your mama too.

Freda said...

Hey Jaffa,

What a well mannered canine! And soo photogenics. I still haven't got my humans to do any tricks. They do very well with their commands but their tricks... Hmm...

How is your mom and her shoulder doin'? I hope things are fine.

Wuufs!

Freda Ƨ

jaffeboy said...

hey Jaffa buddy, are your ears still glued?

Rachel said...

Wow Jaffa, you are growing up sooo fast! Well done with your sit stays...I'm pretty good at staying but I just can't when there is food around at the moment because mum is still feeding me back up because I got skinny when I was ill! Hee hee!

My mum says you're a very handsome boy!

licks,
Toby

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Jaffa,
You sure are smart and so very YOUNG! Mom says I better buck up soon.